Final Score: Pacers 111, Grizzlies 83
- Absolutely dominated the majority of the game. Solid play from starters and great play from the bench.
- BOARDS BOARDS BOARDS. The Pacers doubled up the Grizzlies on the boards and out-rebounded them by a total of 57-28. This was a larger margin than they had all of last year. The Pacers controlled the paint as well and outscored the grizzlies 60-16.
- Turnovers were a problem from the start. The Pacers recorded 20 turnovers and displayed sloppy passing throughout the game. They did share the ball well as they had 29 assists.
- 54% from the line, not something to worry about now, but if the trend continues it could be problematic.
- The bench is what truly shined the most for the Pacers. Sabonis lead the way with 14 points and 15 rebounds. Doug McDermott and Tyreke Evans played well in their Pacers debut as they both put up double figures off the bench.
- Bogdanovich was the leading scorer for the Pacers. He was 3-3 from deep and shot 7-9 overall.
- Victor Oladipo was average at best and Myles Turner was disappointing. Turner only played 20 minutes and registered 8 points and 8 rebounds, but did well on the defensive end. Oladipo had 16 points 5 rebounds and 5 assists. It wasn’t a bad game for Victor, but certainly not what he is capable of.
- Struggle bus. The Grizzlies did almost nothing better than the Pacers throughout the course of the game and shot an awful 30% from the field.
- Memphis did two things very well, they took care of the ball and they were very active on defense. The Grizzlies only had 10 turnovers compared to the Pacers 20, and recorded 11 steals on the night. Having more steals than turnovers is always a good thing, but wasn’t nearly enough to help this team out in the end.
- The Grizzlies have to be stronger in the paint going forwarded. They were man handled on the glass and were outscored by over 40 points in the paint. Gasol is key for this team and has to play better going forward. He shot 2-11 from the field and both of his made baskets came from beyond the arc.
- Mike Conley got off to a slow start in his return. This was expected, but he looked good at times and absolutely snatched Corey Joseph’s ankles.
- Finding ways to score is crucial for this teams success, they struggled to find good shots tonight. The Pacers are a good defensive team, but the Grizzlies didn’t do themselves any favors.
- It’s hard to come away for many positives with this teams performance tonight, Grizzlies fans shouldn’t worry. Jackson has star potential and they have a long season with two good veterans in Conley and Gasol. There is a slim chance they will make the playoffs but they are better than the team we saw tonight.