Final Score: Bucks: 143, Timberwolves: 121
- Yikes. What a night and what a week for the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Defense? Does anyone on the Timberwolves know how to spell defense at this point? I know it’s preseason, but allowing 143 points in any game is just ugly.
- Yes, it’s preseason, so maybe we shouldn’t overreact. However, I get a feeling that Thibs has lost the team. Thibs has his guys, and those guys believe in him, but the younger guys like Karl-Anthony Towns seem to have no desire to play for Thibodeau.
- Derrick Rose is bound for an up and down season. Rose showed flashes tonight, but his shot looked flat from three. If Rose wants to improve his three-point shot, there is reason to think he will need to start with the arc on the shot.
- Josh Okogie plays with full effort all the time. Okogie is very active, a great quality, especially for a rookie. The rook goes after loose balls, dives on the floor, and makes the effort plays. While his effort and defense is strong, his offensive game leaves something to be desired. Okogie didn’t look good on offense tonight. His shot is wild, and his handles are loose. Okogie’s defense will get him on the court during his rookie season, but his offensive game has a long way to go.
- Taj Gibson is someone the Wolves can count on. Gibson posted 21 points and 7 rebounds in the loss to Milwaukee. No matter the score and the situation, Taj is ready to play. He plays hard, night in and night out, tonight was no different.
- Karl-Anthony Towns didn’t show up. Towns shot just 2-9 from the field tonight. KAT also had four fouls in just 21 minutes of action. Coming off receiving a max contract, Towns is looking to take another step forward this season.
- Milwaukee was hot from three. The Bucks shot 25-48 (52.1%) from three tonight. After ranking in the bottom third of the NBA in three-point shots attempted over the last five seasons, Mike Budenholzer seems to be putting an emphasis on the shooting for Milwaukee this season.
- Giannis keeps getting better. At some point, we will be asking what Giannis can’t do. In 25 minutes of action, Giannis recorded a triple-double with 32 points, 12 rebounds, and 10 assists. In addition, Giannis shot 2-5 from three, something that we will be seeing more from Antetokounmpo this season. If Giannis can consistently knock down perimeter shots, the NBA is about to be dealing with a whole different beast.
- Christian Wood shines. With a roster spot on the line, Wood was very efficient tonight. Posting 19 points and 7 rebounds, Woods shot an effective 7-9 from the field in just 16 minutes of action.
- Brook Lopez is a great fit on this Bucks team. With Lopez’s three-point shooting ability, his floor spacing at the center position opens up the court for the Bucks. Don’t be surprised to see Lopez have a breakout season.
- The Bucks got the win, but their defense allowed 121 points. The Bucks scored 143 points, but allowing 121 isn’t a good sign. It’s just preseason, but the Bucks will need to put an emphasis on defense leading into the season.