Final Score: Boston 101, OKC 95
Oklahoma City Thunder
- Donovan changed up the starting lineup tonight. Not exactly the change Thunder fans were expecting, but Grant blended in nicely.
- Can Ferguson do anything right offensively?
- The defensive frenzy OKC put on display in the first half was nice to see. While Boston was simply missing some good looks OKC defended incredibly hard.
- Now the third quarter was a different story. OKC went back to their old ways and were lazy defending the 3 point line. Boston absolutely tore them apart.
- Russ didn’t shoot particularly well, but it was nice to see him shooting 3’s off the ball. He is clearly a little rusty. Only going to get better.
- The free throws continue to be a problem for this Thunder team. 14-25 on the night. Yikes!
- Outside of the magical 3rd quarter in the opener PG hasn’t been great offensively. The All Star Small Forward had another poor shooting night going a measly 7-22.
- This Thunder team has to adapt. They need to play a different kind of basketball. They don’t know who they are yet and until they do are going to continue to see more L’s pile up.
Who’s up: Jerami Grant, Hamidou Diallo, Patrick Patterson
Who’s Down: Paul George, Terrance Ferguson
Next Up: Sunday vs Suns
- Boston needed a good performance coming into tonight’s game and the 16 point start was not exactly what I’d label a “good performance”.
- This may be unnecessary, but I am going to say it anyway. I am NOT a fan of what Kyrie has going on with his hair right now.
- A rough first half for Boston, but they outscored OKC 40-23 in the 3rd to take the lead going into the 4th.
- These guys COULD NOT MISS in the third. Threes were flying from all over the court and Al Horford is really good at basketball.
- Terry Rozier played some phenomenal defense tonight. He’s a great high motor guy who is relentless on both ends of the floor. 6th man of the year candidate for sure.
- Marcus Morris has a habit of making big shots against OKC and he did so again tonight. He had 21 on the night and the biggest shot in the game.
- Boston made 10 more free throws than the Thunder on the night as well.
- At what point does Boston become a little worried about Hayward? Just 5 points on 5 shots tonight.
- Jayson Tatum is a stud. I am wondering how long before we call this Tatum’s team?Are we there already? Surely not, but the question does linger.
Who’s up: Marcus Morris, Terry Rozier, Jayson Tatum
Who’s Down: Gordon Hayward
Next Up: Saturday @ Pistons