- Deadly in the open court
- Change of pace similar to James Harden (Deceleration)
- Crafty handle, Inside/Out dribble, Hesi + Crossover
- Passing Vision: Can make any pass on the court, sees everything, best passer in the draft
- Shifty scorer with great footwork
- 3P shot projects well: Progressing off the dribble (step-back)
- MASTER AT THE PICK AND ROLL!
- Intangibles: Loves “the moment,” big shot taker & maker
- Defense: struggles with PnR defense
- Beat off the dribble too easily
- Average footspeed, agility (NBA training should help)
- Shot selection needs improvement
- Brandon Roy
- If Grant Hill traded his athleticism for a 3-pointer
- Current Tyreke Evans
Tier and Picks
- Tier 1
- Picks 1-2
- Wingspan N/A
- Better athlete than given credit for
Talk about an enigma, right?
The youngest player to ever win the EuroLeague MVP, Doncic is a surefire pro.
His strengths are suited for today’s game. A passing savant with an improving three pointer, Doncic is the type of player who makes others better. His PnR mastery is a match made in heaven for the NBA. Some will question how his average agility will translate to NBA defense, and that’s fair. Yet, Doncic is a basketball Einstein who loves to compete. I have him as my number one prospect. In fact, I even named one of the gifs in his profile the “GOAT gif” because it was the most impressive clip of a prospect I have seen as of yet. His feel for the game makes you wonder if the kid was actually incubated in a basketball. As the primary creator, Doncic lives in a good rhythm. If taken with the first overall pick, the Suns will be getting someone who makes Booker better, and boy, is that scary.